Monday, October 15, 2012

Rosh Chodesh Marcheshvan


 
In fall mornings are cold and dark, so I wait until afternoon to go out for a jog.  The warmest time of the day is around 5 pm, mincha time.  The trees run the whole lifespan from fresh and green to colorful yellow-orange-red pallet to bare naked.  There are more and more bare branches every day, and I would expect them to appear sad, lonely, miserable, but they are not.  The setting sun lights the tops of the trees and the bare branches appear glowing, spread upwards towards the bright autumn sky, stark and clear, without obstacles of the leaves, shining freedom.  They look simple and free compared to their colorful neighbors burdened with the baggage of leaves, desperately trying to keep them despite the inevitable fall. I stand still gazing at the lace of bare branches, absorbing its sharp beauty, inhaling the spirit of freedom, of nothingness.  The new moon - Rosh Chodesh Marcheshvan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment